Seaweed necklace- RALUCA BUZURA
tax & shipment cost incl.
- Name of the artist: Raluca Buzura
- Name of the piece: Seaweed
- Tamagit reference: #011
- Edition: One-of-a-kind
- Series: Extinct species
- Type of piece: Neckpiece
- Materials used: Porcelain, transparent glaze, colloidal gold, artificial leather, goldfilled
- Dimensions (heights, width, depth): 2 X 22 x 22cm
- Weight: 150r
- Statement: Because of the oceanic impacts of global warming, we could be facing a sweeping loss of species in the near future. The collection does not wish to be a prediction or a snapshot of future’s memories, but more of a meditation upon the beauty of marine life that could extinct, trying to bring awareness and to find new ways to engage people in thinking and taking action on critical issues of climate change and extinction due to human intervention. We shouldn’t build monuments for mourning the past, for what we cannot change, but for now, while we can still change the present course of marine life.