The magic mountain 24 brooch- LLUIS COMINREQUEST INFORMATION
tax & shipment cost incl.
- Name of the artist: Lluís Comín
- Name of the piece: The magic mountain 24
- Tamagit reference: Art Jewelry Forum The magic mountain 24
- Edition: One-of-a-kind:
- Series: The magic mountain
- Type of piece: Brooch
- Materials used: Silver, 18-karat gold, pure gold, lapis lazuli, old wood, wood
- Dimensions (heights, width, depth): 60x90x17
- Statement: When hiking, Lluís Comín loves to experience the cycles of nature. The snow’s deep silence, the intense blue sky, or the raging stormy wind seem to make evident the existence of gods, and provoke one to come back again and again to this sacred temple where friendship becomes a kind of religion. Mountains are the place where senses and emotions become sharper, where a parenthesis of memories opens, where time is relative and freedom absolute. In his monumental novel, The Magic Mountain, Thomas Mann knew how to express this emotion of living in a parallel reality.